Monday, July 4, 2011

William Says She Placed a Personals Ad Stating She Was 18

Here we present the typed copy of William R. Adams' statement. William's hand-written letter can be viewed as a .PDF file by clicking here. This file has been posted here on July 04, 2011 but was written at an earlier date. William wants you to know that Detective Edgerton had passed herself off as an 18 year old woman on the adult dating site known as "Plenty Of Fish."

To Scott Orr visiting Jeff Bayles:

This Is My Statement.

My name is Wiliam (one of the Yavapai 6). Entrapped in an Internet Police sting carried out by the Yavapai Sheriff's Dept., and personally by a Detective Edgerton who posted a Personals Ad on the "Plenty Of Fish" adult dating site saying she was 18. I answered to the ad, believing she was 18. She wrote back, engaged me in a conversation, then said she was 13. She lured me from "Plenty Of Fish" where there is age verification onto Yahoo where there is none. She asked me to send her nude photos, even movies, which I wouldn't.

She pressed me to meet with her, luring me with directions to Gurley Street and the "Jack In The Box" restaurant (common rendezvous), as I hardly knew how to find Prescott, even.

After being taken to the Camp Verde County Jail, Detective Edgerton asked me if I wanted to write a Letter Of Apology to the victim and to her family ... to give them some comfort and closure? I wrote the apology she asked for, found out 3-1/2 months later from the Public Defender that there never was a minor or a victim in the Internet Chats.

I only know about God and mysteries and secrets that he shows and teaches me. I don't understand many things and get very confused why I am here and why I have to stay here in Hell?

But I don't think the Police should do bad things themselves trying to get someone to do something bad.

Now some background: I am a nearly 59 year old virgin, impotent from the age of 12 from a chemical burn to my genitals. Can be proved by medical exam, but no one will let the truth out and approve it cause they don't want anyone to know that I am a Victim, not a Predator. I've never touched a minor inappropriately, not ever ... this can be proved by Lie Detector ... but they don't want anyone to know the truth about me 'cause then people would begin to understand. (So they won't let me take a Lie Detector test.)

I have mental problems, have always been very socially isolated especially in the weeks leading up to my arrest, was suffering a quiet breakdown. The day, and days, leading up to my arrest was having trouble understanding things. On the day of my arrest, my car was steaming on the verge of completely overheating. I barely made it to Prescott and the Jack In The Box. I had no rational awareness of my car's obvious state. I couldn't understand or comprehend my car's state, or my own. The Police at first tried to drive my car away, then saw it was steaming and undriveable, and then had it towed. They don't want anyone to know about the car 'cause someone might begin to understand. (if they put two-and-two together.)

As I went through Booking, my personality began to de-construct and began repeating things like the booking officer and what others said. They put me in an empty cell, took away my clothes and made me wear a padded suit all day and night till the next day.

After repeated requests to make a phone call that day and night, they finally let me use the phone but it wasn't working and the call didn't go through. They finally took me to a counselor the next day and he released me to the Sex Offender jail dorms when I told him I wasn't suicidal and had threatened harm to no one.

That's when I learned to keep quiet and no matter how bad my mental condition so they wouldn't put me back in Solitary.

--William (of the Yavapai 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment